- Tell us your name. Susan Lawrence
- What is your position here at Performance and can you briefly sum up your job? I am the merchandise planner for the components division. I plan our sales, margin and inventory for the budget and I plan order quantities and receipt dates at the product level.
- How long have you been working here? The company was only a year and a half old when I started working here and there were only 16 people on the payroll. It’s been over 26 years now; for those of you wondering “why”, it’s the people I work with that keep me here.
- What (if any) other positions have you held here at Performance? I was hired specifically to run the returns department which I did for five years. In addition, I took phone orders, received shipments, stocked shelves, picked and packed orders in the early years of the company. After five years, I moved to our Purchasing department which evolved over the years into my current position as planner.
- What bike(s) do you ride? I have a Santa Cruz Juliana SuperLight mountain bike, a Fuji Supreme RC carbon road bike, and a Fuji Royale road bike that I use as a commuter bike. I’m only alloted three spaces in the garage for my bikes, so if I get a new one, I have to get rid of one, but I love all of my current bikes, so it may be awhile.
- Where would you ride if you could ride anywhere? All of Europe, but if I had to pick one country, it would be Italy.
- What hobbies/interests do you enjoy other than cycling? I’m also a runner, last year I did my first half marathon. I have four cats and a dog. I’m not allowed to bring home any more animals, or I’d have more. I love movie, Star Trek is my favorite so far this year. I love driving myself crazy trying to figure out Lost, and my new favorite tv show, Fringe. And reading, mostly mysteries.
- What one question would you like me to ask the next person? When are we going for a ride? . . . or a beer?
Question from Oscar Matías: What would be the maximum amount that you would invest in a bike? Is there a maximum? Hmm, maybe around $3000 I’d start drawing a line, but if I really loved the bike, I’m sure I could talk myself into going higher.